A buttweld fitting is a weldable pipe fitting that can be used to change the flow direction, branch off, reduce pipe size, or connect auxiliary equipment. Buttweld fittings start with seamless or welded pipe and are molded (via various processes) into the shape of elbows, tees, and reducers, among other things.
Different Types of Buttweld Fittings
- Reducing Elbow: The reducing elbow gets its name from the fact that it resembles a reducing piece and an elbow rolled into one.
- Meter Elbow: Metre for the elbows Fittings are one of the most frequent flows measuring systems for determining the pressure differential that occurs when a fluid flows through a resistance.
- Stub Ends: It’s a short-length pipe with a flared outwards one end and a welded pipe of the same diameter on the other end.
- Buttweld Cap Pipe: Buttweld Caps are used to permanently or temporarily block the flow or blind the pipeline (during maintenance and reparation works). Buttweld pipe covers come in a variety of sizes and forms.
- Buttweld Reducer:
- Concentric reducer: The pipe size is reduced by gradually decreasing the diameter of the fitting over a set length while retaining symmetry around the fitting.
- Eccentric reducer: The pipe size is reduced by gradually decreasing the diameter of the fitting over a predetermined length while keeping one side of the fitting horizontal. In pump station pipework, a reducer fitting is often used to lower the size of the suction pipe to match the size of the pump suction end flange.
- Buttweld Cross Fittings:
- 1. Equal Cross Fittings: The equal cross, like the equal tee, is a type of pipe cross in which all four extremities of the cross have the same diameter.
- Reducing Cross Fittings: The decreasing cross, also known as the uneven pipe cross, is a pipe cross with four branch ends of different sizes.
- Buttweld Tee:
- Equal Tee: The equal tee is a plastic push-fit fitting used to join plastic and copper tubing.
- Reducing Tee: Another type of pipe tee seen in pipe and tube fittings is the reducing tee.
- Unequal Tee: A pipe connector is a device that joins two pipelines together at a 90-degree angle. Because the bore sizes at the run and branch sides are different, this tee is known as an uneven tee.